By Order No. 6756-C/2020, the Government decided to extend the restrictive air traffic measures to and from Portugal until 15 July 2020, with certain exceptions.
From 00.00 on 1 July 2020 until 23.59 on 15 July 2020 the Government:
- Authorises air traffic to and from Portugal from all flights to and from countries that are part of the European Union (EU), countries associated with the Schengen Area (Liechtenstein, Norway, Iceland, and Switzerland), and the United Kingdom.
- Authorizes flights from countries with a positive epidemiological evaluation, taking into account the recommendation of the EU Council regarding direct air links with Portugal, and included in the list of countries below, subject to confirmation of reciprocity:
- South Korea
- Prohibits air traffic to and from Portugal from all flights to and from countries that are not part of the EU or that are not associated with the Schengen area.
- Makes the following flights possible, exclusively for essential journeys:
- Flights from Portuguese-speaking countries; from Brazil, however, only flights from and to São Paulo and from and to Rio de Janeiro will be allowed;
- Flights from the United States of America, given the presence of important Portuguese communities.
- Classifies as essential journeys those destined to allow the transit or the entrance or exit of Portugal from:
a) Nationals of the EU, nationals of States associated with the Schengen Area and members of their families, and nationals of third countries legally resident in a Member State of the European Union;
b) Third-country nationals traveling for work, study, family reunification, health, or humanitarian reasons and by the principle of reciprocity.
Important: Passengers on flights from Portuguese-speaking countries and the USA must, at the time of departure, present proof of a test for COVID-19, with a negative result, carried out in the last 72 hours before boarding, otherwise they will be refused their entry into national territory.
- Establishes that these limitations do not apply to flights intended to allow nationals or holders of residence permits to return to Portugal, or to flights intended to allow foreign nationals to return to their respective countries, provided that such flights are promoted by the competent authorities of those countries, subject to prior request and agreement, and in compliance with the principle of reciprocity.
- Provides that nationals and foreign nationals legally resident in the national territory who do not have proof of the COVID-19 test, with negative results, are immediately forwarded by the competent security authorities to carry out that test at their own expense.