What is the Emprego Interior Mais
Emprego Interior Mais is a financial support program granted by the IEFP to workers who enter into contracts as employees or who create their jobs or companies in the interior territories.
Applications for the program must be submitted in the 90 days following the conclusion of the employment contract or the creation of the job or company.
Who can apply
The program is intended for persons enrolled in the IEFP, IP in the following situations:
- Employees looking for a new job
Conditions for application
Change of Residence:
- The change of residence must be made permanently;
- The worker’s previous residence may not be located in a territory classified as the interior;
- The worker’s new residence must be located in a municipality or parish classified as the territory of the interior;
- Be held on 90 consecutive days before or after the beginning of the employment contract or the creation of the job or company;
- The new residence and the new job must be located in interior territories.
Provision of work
- Conclusion of employment contract without a term;
- Entering into a fixed-term employment contract with an initial duration equal to or greater than 12 months
- Conclusion of an open-ended work contract with a predictable duration of 12 months or more;
- Creation of small businesses, with a maximum of 10 jobs;
- Creation of own job.
Work contracts that cumulatively meet the following requirements are eligible:
- Start between 1 January 2020 and 31 December 2021
- Ensure compliance with the minimum monthly salary guaranteed and, when applicable, the respective instrument of collective labor regulation, namely in the determination of the remuneration foreseen in the employment contract, as well as with the other labor conditions required by law
- Are concluded on a full-time basis
- Establish that the place of work is situated in the territory of the interior
In the context of the creation of own employment
- The development of an activity as an independent worker, with commercial or professional income
- The establishment of for-profit private entities, regardless of their legal form
- The establishment of cooperatives
- The acquisition and transfer of an establishment, or the acquisition of share capital of a pre-existing company, which is the product of an increase in the share capital
Thus, the worker must create his/her full-time job and, if he is a private for-profit entity, he/she must have more than 50% of the share capital and voting rights.
The monetary support granted through Emprego Interior Mais to workers who move to the interior territory is 2.633€, with an increase of 20% for each element of the household, up to a limit of 1.316€. The value of financial support is equivalent to 6 times the value of the IAS, which in 2021 corresponds to 438,81€.